Saturday, October 1, 2011

Is it necessary to Sign In in OVI maps 3.03 with the OVI account in nokia 5800 in order to use GPS navigation?

I have the nokia 5800 xpressmusic. I have installed the new OVI Maps 3.03 with unlimited free navigation license and also installed the map data. Still I can't use the GPS navigation in Nokia Maps. It has worked 2/25 times of trying. I sometimes get the satellite data too in open area with a min of 4 satellites still I cant use navigation in my OVI maps nor the my position feature. It doesnt catch the satellite. Always shows ''Waiting for GPS''. Please help. Should I Sign In with my OVI account?|||It doesn't require signing in at all .. It doesn't even require an account at OVI maps.


but you're required to open your GPS for few minutes in an open area until it receives the GPS signal from satellites to be able to calculate your position then you can start Navigation only after GPS signal received and your position detected by the phone. This usually requires at least 4 or 5 satellites to detect your position. in an open area it might require 2- 6 minutes in average.


As long as it is still "Waiting for GPS" it wont be able to detect your position nor start navigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment