Saturday, October 1, 2011

Does the Garmin Nuvi 350 satellite signal screen take into consideration the non-GPS signals...?

...that the unit can receive?

I am referring to the other signals (not traffic) that are used to make navigation more precise. I forget the abbreviation for these signals. I am wondering if when the unit says that the accuracy is 16 feet, for example, if that is only via the GPS signals or with all available signals. I also don't know how to tell if the unit is currently benefitting from those other signals.|||As far as I know, it uses only the GPS satellite signals. It also 'remembers' where it was, so if you switch it on, it will try to verify that position first. If that doesn't work, it will start looking for satellites in general.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment